Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day 2 of Camp




Alright! So, camp today was awesome! The clothing theme was superheroes. There was quite a bit of participation! We had a ninja, Goofy (from the seven dwarfs I think), and I wore a Marti Gras mask and a rubber snake. There were many other costumes that were too numerous to mention.
So before camp started, while kids were still getting checked in, we had an intense game of freeze tag. Everyone was running around and had a great time. One particular kid was very memorable in that he wasn’t really playing the game. He would walk around, and when he was tagged, he would announce, “I’m invincible!” When I was running away from another intern who was it, I dropped my snake, ran about 20 feet, and got tagged. Two young tricksters grabbed my rubber snake and managed to hide it from me until lunch time.
First period, as always, is a sectional. The cello’s sectional was awesome, and from the bits I heard of the others, the entire orchestra is doing excellent.
After the sectional is a rehearsal of the entire orchestra, which went well. All our pieces are coming along nicely. Apparently, several of the students took the initiative and watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang as well. One of our pieces comes from that movie.
Next came snack time. A VERY IMPORTANT part of the day. After that the day zoomed by through chamber ensemble, and jazz, and another orchestra rehearsal.
The camp is going great so far. Tomorrow is wacky day! So lets see how crazy we can get!
- Kyle Hersey

No comments:

Post a Comment